Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A CRUISE AROUND THE GARDA LAKE

The last time I had taken the ferry boat from the very south of the Garda Lake to the north, was 36 years ago ! This time I took the opportunity to take it again, from Garda to Torbole where we stayed.

Photobucket

The plan of my "cruise"

Photobucket

My boat. It also takes cars

Photobucket

Arriving in Garda I had two hours to walk in the little city before I could take the boat back

Photobucket

Photobucket

Little streets the shops just started to open, it was around before 10 am

Photobucket

A view from the port

Photobucket

I walked along the lake

Photobucket

A memorial for all those who died in the lake.

Then I took my boat back.

Photobucket

Tori was the first stop

Photobucket

Then came Casteletto

Photobucket

Brenzone

Photobucket

and to my big surprise without knowing it, I had taken a picture from the hotel I stayed with my parents in 1963 when I was 20 ! Long time ago, but nice souvenirs. It had been the first time I was in Italy, in Malcesine

Photobucket

The port of Malcesine

Photobucket

Photobucket

and its castle. Malcesine is also called "The Pearl of the Garda Lake"

On the other side of the Lake we stopped in

Photobucket

Photobucket

Limone, sticked to the mountains like a nest

Photobucket

and finally I arrived in Torbole, my final destination, where we spent our holidays

If you don't get sea sick, you can do this little cruise with me.

More about the Garda Lake is here in my post 3 years ago.

18 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

It just looks so beautiful, Gattina. I must remember about Garda Lake and take that cruise myself. Thank you so much for the photos.

Indrani said...

Great shots of the lake. Old memories of the previous trip must have been rushing in as you took this trip.

Rajesh said...

Fantastic shots. Loved the landscape of the various places that are covered along the cruise. I had a wonderful virtual tour of the cruise.

SandyCarlson said...

Oh, wow! What atmosphere!

Ebie said...

This is an interesting place. A virtual tour indeed! So nice to capture places where there are fond memories. Love the narrow streets, very quaint.

Larry D said...

What an interesting and beautiful place!

erin said...

gattinia
thanks for the in depth tour of lake garda. it is indeed a beautiful lake lined with lovely villages and towns. so enjoyed the cruise on the lake too ;)
have a wonderful evening.

Lilli & Nevada said...

What a fabulous trip

Maribeth said...

It looks so lovely. Wish I'd been with you!

Unknown said...

Wonderful captures of a beautiful place, Gattina !!!

Those narrow, tall alleways lokk so interesting, must have been fun exploring them..

Louise said...

What a beautiful place. I especially love the colorful, narrow streets and that castle!

Melli said...

Mmmm! Yes, I really WOULD love to visit Garda Lake! It is just quaint and beautiful ... all over!

amanda said...

Gosh Gattina, everything is so vibrant, I really want to go vacationing with you you have the best adventures!

diane b said...

I'm with Amanda. I'm coming too. It is a beautiful lake and the towns are so colourful. The narrow streets are gorgeous.

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

Gattina, these photos are wonderful, I love the colors. Thank you for sending me the link. I enjoyed them very much. Eaton. :)

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GMG said...

Hi Gattina!
Sorry for the long absence! But don’t you think it was a great vacation; some very busy weeks and just a few days off... ;)
Wonderful post of the Garda Lake! I spent some dys around the Garda twice; it's a beautiful place, as we may see from your pictures!!

Meanwhile Blogtrotter is still turning around Iceland, now in Waterland... Enjoy and have a fabulous week!

Gattina said...

友達募集

If you want to write comments I suggest you do it in a European language, unfortunately I can't chinese !
Crap you can write on your own blog !

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive