Tuesday, January 28, 2014

BRUSSELS SKYLINER

Brussels Skyliner is a 85m (279 ft) tall steel tower. It is equipped with a cabin that will take you up to 70m (230 ft). On a clear day, you have a view of  12km (7 miles) 360° ! The cabin can hold up to 60 people on each trip.

There is a commentary of the major monuments that you will be able to observe during the about 10 minutes visit. Before it would be dismantled in February, I went there to see for once Brussels from above !



From far approaching the entrance I saw the tower



Standing there and waiting for the cabin to come down I was quite impressed by the steel construction of the tower.



The cabin arrives slowly



It was round and had blue seats all around. I sat down and watched the other people who were lined up to climb in the cabin.



and while we were taken slowly higher and higher I could see the Royal Palace as a whole building.



and I had a wonderful view on the Brussels Royal Park, where in summer time all kind of activities are taken place and an orchestra plays in the afternoons.



Unfortunately there were some raindrops on the windows but it didn't bother the view I saw the dome of the Justice Palace from far.













and the cabin turning around slowly, the whole panorama of Brussels lay to my feet !









And then slowly turning around we went down again and the ground approached



On the ground again, I was very satisfied with what I had seen and that I had been so lucky with the weather.

16 comments:

Fun60 said...

What a good idea. I like the fact that it turns around and you get a panoramic view.

Linens and Royals said...

Great views but how long has the tower been there and why is it being pulled down??

Anonymous said...

What great views from up there!

eileeninmd said...

Very nice views of the city from up above. Great photos of the city! Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

Cynthia said...

Wow, the views are amazing. And you can see everything from a comfortable blue seat without climbing many, many stairs! Beautiful.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Thanks for the flight and the amazing photos of Brussels, don't worry about the raindrops, it just makes it real authentic!!!
Wren x

Anonymous said...

Why is it going to be dismantled in February? Wow those views are spectacular; I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Spectacular, but why would it be pulled down?

Loree said...

Are they really dismantling it? What a pity.

diane b said...

Thanks for the ride. It was great to over Brussels, a lovely city. Why are they taking it down?

Mike said...

Brussels is so beautiful. Great shots, wonderful description.

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Interesting post. Liked the view of the palace.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

LindyLouMac said...

Certainly was a different way to enjoy the view.

Haddock said...

That is a wonderful view from up above there.

Snapperoni :: Photography said...

I've never been to Brussels but I will an can't wait to! It's a shame they're dismntling this. Have there been talks of what will go in its place?

The view from above is amazing by the way!

Hazel said...

I'd love to listen to the orchestra in the Brussels Royal Park.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive