Tuesday, August 08, 2017

CARRICK-A-REDE IRELAND


Expat tours

If you do a 7 day tour around a country of course you can't see everything in details. It just gives you an overview of things to see or to do if you want to come back later.


Carrick-A-Rede is famous for its rope bridge, (unique in Ireland) – which connects the mainland to Carrick-a-Rede Island.

The island until recently was an active salmon fishery, with an old fisherman’s bothy, old ropes, and nets still visible.

Now it has become a tourist attraction offering an exhilarating coastal path from the cliffs to the rocky island, with stunning views.

I couldn't go on this bridge I am getting dizzy already on the 3rd floor if there is no solid ground under me and a banister. Looking at the people who dared to cross the bridge I felt uncomfortable and preferred to admire the beautiful landscapes.











I followed the group going up towards the bridge




This was the view where I took the decision NOT to go  !!



I "stole" these pictures from internet because I couldn't go so close to the bridge.












Besides the beautiful landscape we didn't see anything else.



The main attraction is the thrill to walk on this rope bridge !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so green and lush over there! I'm not sure I would've gone on the bridge either. I don't mind driving on them but that one looks a bit rickety. I would love to have a house on the shoreline there. - I love all of your posts. :)

Lady Fi said...

Lovely shots - but that bridge is scary.

Anonymous said...

It looks terrific, but like you, I don't think I would have crossed the bridge.

Lea said...

Beautiful country, but I would not cross that bridge either!
Have a wonderful week!

Wendy said...

Beautiful scenery. Not sure I would have tackled the bridge either!

Molly said...

Beautiful landscapes

Mollyx

Ruth said...

I am afraid of heights but I will try to cross the bridge. The are is so beautiful! #OurWorldTuesday

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive