Tuesday, June 02, 2015

RE-ENACTMENT SITE OF THE WATERLOO BATTLE

The huge re-enactment events to commemorate the Bicentenary of the Battle of Waterloo will take place on June 19 and 20. 6000 soldiers arriving from the whole world, 300 horses and 200 canons will participate.

As I will be a volunteer to help the tourists, I got a plan of the place where the battle will take place.






High heels are not recommendable as you can see at the state of the "street" leading to the tribunes. Unless it will be repaired before.



The VIP area was mostly ready.



 The stands were put up on one side



the seats numbered



I also checked underneath



From far I could see the other side where the spectators would sit or stand






I zoomed to see it better.








and here are the peaceful fields





which will look like that



The Lion doesn't bother, he watches from far !

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, how exciting, Gattina!! I can't wait to follow your blog to follow the events!!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Awesome, we get to see the French beat again

Sandra Carlier said...

Ca va être juste énorme ! Je suivrai tes aventures ! You're the best guide of Waterloo Battle !

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's amazing!

Rajesh said...

Great shots. This sure will be a terrific place.

Loree said...

Cool. I am sure it will be a spectacular event.

Linens and Royals said...

Amazing! wish I could be there. Hope you get time off from your translating duties to see some of the action.

Anonymous said...

Not shelter for the seating stands, so we must hope for good weather. It will be interesting to follow the events.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Getting pretty exciting around there .. Looks like things are progressing better than you expected earlier.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive