Tuesday, May 10, 2016

DALI EXHIBITION IN LIEGE BELGIUM

 May 9, 2016

The exhibition aims to promote the painter's artistic, cultural and intellectual work. It tries to contribute to the understanding of the pictorial evolution, thoughts and life of Dali, particularly for younger generation.

A colourful presentation of less known Dali artworks especially sculptures,  organised around the flamboyant genius of this universal and eternal artist. The visit takes you from surprise to astonishment and from discovery to delight, leaving nobody untouched.

Even if  I tried hard to understand this very special artist, I came to the conclusion that either he is crazy or I am not intellectual enough to understand his very special sculptures, or other strange creations ! Dali's life you can find in Wikipedia, I only show you what I have seen during the exhibition in Liege and my impressions.

We took the train in Brussels and arrived at Liege very modern station which also contains a very huge exhibition hall were special exhibitions take place. So we didn't even have to leave the station and could stay inside which was very nice as it rained this day.



The Liege station from outside



and then we were greeted by Dali with strange hangers on his moustache



He presented himself in a bath of "golden" coins. You can say everything about Dali but certainly not that he suffered from minority complexes or modesty !





The first creation we saw was a Volkswagen covered with moss and a diver sitting at the steering wheel. Perhaps for your garden (yard) ?



He loved ants, which he used to eat



He also loved insects like this grasshopper ! I wonder if he found all these metal parts in a bin ?



I suppose this is a male but could be a female too, the drawers represent the different state of your feelings according to Freud who must know that we are full of drawers.



This lovely creature apparently goes shopping as it pushes a caddie. I hope it never comes to our shopping center ! People would get a heart attack !




This women makes me think of Flamingo, after all Dali was Spanish



I really can't remember what this was supposed to be, anyway I don't want it in my house



I thought there was a painting behind this statue, but in reality it was a slide



which reflected in a mirror



so we did some selfies !



Thumb up !



There was certainly a very intellectual answer to the holes in the body, but it made me think of drafts.



Probably the atomic bomb




I felt observed



Eggs as symbols ?



a special chair



Nice wall decoration, sardine cans filled with bottle openers, corks and other things to hang on your wall.



When you have to go to the next wedding



Recycling







Sculptures





Dining table maybe not for a convent



Dali was also a fashion creator !















and after all a famous painter !



I loved this lip seat ! Was very comfortable.

My personal impression of this exhibition was, that Dali was the first one to dare to make "art" out of nothing, putting a nail and a screw together. He certainly was a genius, a little crazy but a unique personage.

5 comments:

Lady Fi said...

I love Dali! Wonderful exhibition.

Anonymous said...

Like you, I don't understand Dali's art, but I don't think you have to understand it to see it as fun, weird or challenging. Art can be enjoyed without any sort of intellectual understanding. At least Dali's art is not a red dot on a white wall.

Photo Cache said...

Awesome exhibit.

Emma and Buster

Anonymous said...

I suspect he didn't want people to understand his art! What fun it must have been going to this exhibit with you (if you were able to make a few of these observations out loud as you looked!).

Gunn said...

Thanks for sharing.
I enjoyed this.

Translate

About Me

My photo
I love writing, traveling and photography. . I am German, married to an Italian and we live in Waterloo (15 km from Brussels) / Belgium since many years. Waterloo is a famous place to many tourists, because Napoleon lost his battle here against Wellington and other European countries.

Followers

Pageviews from the past week

Blog Archive